https://www.revelationhealth.com/Water-Filtration-02/ The best water system for home filtration purification is not water dispenser filtration. Chemicals drinking water problems include fluoride and pharmaceuticals that require special treatment. The watts water filtration system and other name brands do not due it. We found a company that does it all at a fraction of the cost for what you receive in clean pure water. Call Kyle 414-241-8808 at Dime Water and mention this video for a 10% discount : )…
Help us raise the money to build a state of the art firearms training facility to ensure that safety and skills training are AFFORDABLE for every man, woman and child that wants to take them. Please donate today, if you can’t afford to donate help us out by sharing the link on facebook, twitter, Instagram or anywhere else you can think of! Thank You! http://www.gofundme.com/2faw4df8
This video shows how to make and use the home made Berkey type water filtration system. This one is made for less than in parts and you will see that it will turn the nastiest of Oklahoma water in to clean SAFE drinking water in a reasonable amount of time. This system is NOT super fast (yet…give me time) but it will clean 5 gallons of drinking water in about 24 hours (Website says 14 per day) . I believe that I may have figured out how to speed that up to 5 gallons in an hour or so, stop back and see it I make that work. This DOES NOT make water drinkable without boiling or adding chlorine or bleach, however in a pinch it would beat drinking it straight out of the river. This works GREAT and is SOOO much cheaper than the store bought systems that do the same thing.
Thanks for watching! Please click the like and don’t forget to subscribe if you like the videos I’m putting out. And please check out our website!
Purifying water with sunlight…
Specs on the filter…
Candle Style Ceramic Filter
Ceramic drip filter works just as well as the high end filters, only at a fraction of the cost! Made with attention to clean water and purity, these 10″ long filters also fit the Berkey and Royal Filtration System.
This filter removes 99.00% of water-borne bacteria and suspended solids with a 0.5 micron efficiency which exceeds NSF standards. The ceramic filter can be cleaned with a soft brush at least 100 times, and it produces 14 gallons of drinking water per day.
Simply double stack two clean buckets with lids, drill a 1/2″ hole in the bottom of the top bucket and through the top of the bottom buckets lid, and install filter in the bottom of the top bucket. Fill the top bucket with water from a lake, rain, tap, river or stream and in …
Watch the full episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViTC2S4PL6o
Ask This Old House plumbing and heating expert Richard Trethewey explains the many options available for filtering drinking water. (See below for a shopping list and steps.)
Click here to SUBSCRIBE to the official This Old House YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=thisoldhouse
Shopping List for How to Choose a Water Filter:
– Pitcher-style water filter
– Faucet-mounted water filter
– Under-sink water filter
– Under-sink reverse-osmosis water filter
– Whole-house water filter
– Sediment filter
Steps for How to Choose a Water Filter:
1. The simplest way to filter tap water is with a pitcher-style water filter, which has a granulated carbon filter that improves taste and odor, and removes some chlorine and sediment.
2. Faucet-mounted filters have a switch that diverts tap water through a granulated carbon filter. Turn on the switch for filtered drinking water; flip it off when washing dishes.
3. For greater water filtration convenience and capacity, install an under-sink, dual-filter system that has its own gooseneck faucet.
4. For optimum point-of-use filtration, consider a reverse-osmosis system. Water passes through a series of three filters, resulting in extremely clean, pure drinking water.
5. Whole-house water filters are installed near the water main and are ideal for delivering clean, filtered water to every faucet throughout the entire house.
6. There are a variety of filters available to remove a wide range of impurities.
7. Sediment filters contain a stainless-steel pre-screen filter and back-flush system that automatically cleans the filter.
8. For the highest level of water filtration, first have your tap water tested, then call in a water-treatment specialist to install a whole-house filtration system designed specifically to treat your water.
Follow This Old House and Ask This Old House:
Tweets by AskTOH